- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Pinch of Sugar (Really optional and not even necessary, i used a pinch because of the sweetness of the chocolate morsels and syrup)
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate morsels, i used Nestlé’s™ toll house original semi sweet morsels
- Syrup (i used corn syrup) (image below)
- Cooking spray
- Coco powder to sprinkle
- Mix milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg into “soured” milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone and add the chocolate chips.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the pan, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve in a dish, top with syrup and 1 strawberry sliced then sprinkle coco powder just for aesthetic appeal
And youre done
Hope this inspires your next breakfast!!! The chocolate morsels are semi sweet so not too much calories and for a twist, you can add whipped cream to treat that special someone.